Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Column Width and Heading Grouping

shpruitt
7 - Meteor

So I had this fixed at one point - I changed the sizing in the orange boxes on the far right so I know it can be fixed.  The goal - In the output file - I would like column A to not be insanely wide. I always have to resize it when I open it. I also don't care for the 'vertical' grouping that is setup in those right hand orange boxes but I can't find a way to remove this without killing the hyperlink. So doing the second part of this ask - most likely will take care of the other.

Thank you in advance! Shelly

5 REPLIES 5
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The most important thing to modify here is the Render tool paper size settings. All other size settings are secondary to this final setting. When you set the custom size of 60" wide, the render tool will fill that space first, and then consider any width settings you set in the preceding tools. 

Also, if this is the only Table you are Rendering, the Layout tool is unnecessary. When you remove this tool, you're also removing another size calculation step which will make all other size adjustments a little more direct. 

20191101-RenderWidths.png

shpruitt
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much! Do you know how I can remove the 'vertical grouping' layout option but keep the hyperlink? I don't quite understand how they are connected (I stole that section from another workflow).

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Hi @CharlieS  In case of multiple tables, how to make it possible that each sheet can have the appropriate column width? One sheet may contain only two columns, while another may have more than 10.

IvanFonseca
7 - Meteor

Hi @JokeFun,

I have the same question. I would like to render a file which has different worksheets of different sizes (#columns) but it looks like when setting the custom size in the render tool it applies to all which does not look nice.

Any suggestion @CharlieS ?

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @IvanFonseca 

The settings in the Render tool will be applied to all sheets unfortunately. The only way I can think of for Alteryx to update an Excel with different sheets is to update data already in specified fields and keep the original formatting (assuming this is something that doesn't change format/cell dimensions). Otherwise if you're building the layout components from scratch in Alteryx, then they'll all be output on sheets of the same overall width. 

Labels