Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can't use Machine Learning & Text Mining

kirimiura
5 - Atom

I use Alteryx Designer on student-license. Tools of  "Machine Learning" and "Text Mining" are locked and not available. The warning message is this ;"To use the Predict tool, you need a license. Select Options > Manage Licenses to input a license key, or contact an account representative."

I've already input a license key. Also, I got another license key and input it again. But Tools of  "Machine Learning" and "Text Mining" remain to be locked. What to do?

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@kirimiura 

The Intellegence Suit, including Machine Learning and Text Mining requires seperated license.

So you need a Designer license to get alteryx to run, and another license for the intellegence suit.

I think you student license maybe is only for designer.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Intelligence-Suite-2020-2-License/td-p...

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As mentioned above, those two palettes are part of the Intelligence Suite. You will need a separate license to use them. If you go to Options > Manage licenses, you need a line that looks like this. 

If you contact alteryxforgood@alteryx.com, they may be able to issue you a trial key to use.

echuong1_0-1615694014465.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels