Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter with multiple conditions

Eboyd0379
5 - Atom

Hello, I am just starting with Alteryx and I am stuck on creating a filter with multiple conditions. I am trying to filter out accounts that I do not need to analyze. I have manually done this and expect around 250 results to come through, however when I use the filter tool only 3 records are coming through as being "true". If anyone could help me figure out where I have messed up I would appreciate it.( I have used a record counter tool so I am confident all the records are making it to the filter. Just not getting the results I expect.)

Eboyd0379_0-1615692674321.png

Only the 3rd account in this list is making it to the true node. 

thank you to anyone that has a minute to help!

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I suggest checking to make sure the other values are in the account list exactly. There may be a slight difference, and that is why they are falling out of the F output.

Another way to streamline your filter is with an IN statement. For example:

[Account] in ('1234','5678','9102')

Additionally, you could have a list of all of the accounts, and then do a join on the account number. Anything that matched would come out of the J output.

If you're able to upload a copy of your data, I can try to troubleshoot as well.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Eboyd0379 
Aside from the good suggestion from @echuong1 , maybe we can also consider use the Find and Replace tools

Labels