Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can't use Machine Learning & Text Mining

kirimiura
5 - Atom

I use Alteryx Designer on student-license. Tools of  "Machine Learning" and "Text Mining" are locked and not available. The warning message is this ;"To use the Predict tool, you need a license. Select Options > Manage Licenses to input a license key, or contact an account representative."

I've already input a license key. Also, I got another license key and input it again. But Tools of  "Machine Learning" and "Text Mining" remain to be locked. What to do?

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kirimiura 

The Intellegence Suit, including Machine Learning and Text Mining requires seperated license.

So you need a Designer license to get alteryx to run, and another license for the intellegence suit.

I think you student license maybe is only for designer.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Intelligence-Suite-2020-2-License/td-p...

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As mentioned above, those two palettes are part of the Intelligence Suite. You will need a separate license to use them. If you go to Options > Manage licenses, you need a line that looks like this. 

If you contact alteryxforgood@alteryx.com, they may be able to issue you a trial key to use.

echuong1_0-1615694014465.png

Labels