Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can't Add New Server

dspillman
6 - Meteoroid

In Alteryx Designer I'm trying to save a workflow up to the server.  As it's the first time accessing this Alteryx server I first need to "Add New Server".

Alteryx_AddNewServer.png

When I enter the URL of the Alteryx Server and connect, I can connect successfully to my Workspace on the server, however there is no option to actually add the server or save my workflow.

Alteryx_AddNewServer3.png

This window cannot be resized, and there is no visible button or option to save the workflow or add the server.  It's at this point where I'm stuck.  Am I missing something?

13 REPLIES 13
oyes2704
8 - Asteroid

Hi @dspillman !

Could you please confirm that you have curator or artisan role on the server? You should be able to create collections as well. When you are on the gallery - please add a collection to test your permissions.

Thanks,

Oly

dspillman
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the quick reply!  How would I check my role on the server?  I can see in my profile I have the following permissions.  And I was just able to successfully add a new collection to test.

Alteryx_AddNewServer4.png

dspillman
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the additional detail around user roles.  However, I'm not able to see in my profile what user role has been assigned to me.  I can see I don't have the admin option so would assume that means I do not have curator role (which is fine as I don't need this role).  But I'm not sure if I have been assigned the artisan role or not.  Is it possible to see my role without being an admin/curator?  Or is this something I'll need to request from my admins?

oyes2704
8 - Asteroid

Don't think the user can see his Role. Great guess on curator on your behalf. Please ping your admin for Artisan role minimum for yourself.

dspillman
6 - Meteoroid

I have confirmed with my admin that I do indeed have the Artisan role.  So that should not be the issue here unfortunately.

dspillman
6 - Meteoroid

Unfortunately still encountering this issue.  Could this be just a matter of not being able to see and/or navigate to the correct Save Workflow/Add Server button in the window since it can't be resized?  It does appear that maybe there is more content on this window than what's visible.

Alteryx_AddNewServer3.png

jdminton
12 - Quasar

You might try posting in the Server discussion group in the event those users aren't seeing the Designer discussion.

dspillman
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, will do.

Labels