Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can Alteryx initiate the call to Tableau server to download csv?

Afammy
7 - Meteor

I have a Tableau 10 server report that generates data I'd like to dump into my db. Today the report runs automatically in tableau and generates fresh data, and then I use this data as the source for an excel spreadsheet I manually populate. I'd like Alteryx to replace the manual data entry piece and eliminate the xlsx if possible. 

Can Alteryx initiate the call to Tableau to download the report to csv and drop in a directory? I can pull it in from there. I'm also open to any other creative options. 

This one's a head scratcher and I'm guessing our infrastructure may also be an obstacle in accomplish this but if anyone can come up with the solution I know it's this ocmmunity. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks ahead of time. 

11 REPLIES 11
jvaucher0804
7 - Meteor

Would you be able to post a sample workflow of this? Hoping to do this myself! Thanks so much

jvaucher0804
7 - Meteor

Hi there! 

I'm having a bit of trouble making this work on my side. I configured it slightly different than your posted workflow but wondering if anyone could help me out here.

It logins in successfully but it doesn't execute the export command. It escapes out after that and I get the following error. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much

jvaucher0804_0-1612408831366.png

jvaucher0804_1-1612409160403.png

Labels