Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calgary Join: Older vintage not available

Jnascensus
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to perform a Calgary Join using an older vintage of Experian Household  data. I have Q3 installed, as confirmed by the data install tool, but it isn't available from the selection menu.

Calgary Join.pngdata install.png

Background: My IT support increased the drive capacity by creating a new drive and renaming it the same as the old drive where Q3 was installed. If this is the problem, then is there a way to modify the pointer to the data folders instead of uninstalling and reinstalling?

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Unfortunately they don't make it obvious how to do this (in fact, I don't think they make it known at all).  As long as you have past vintages installed, you can make this happen.  Pain in the butt, but relatively easy.

On each applicable machine where you have the data package license installed and plan to use it (Server {Controller/Worker(s)}, other machines), go to your INI file install location (usually C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\DataSets\Calgary (this may be a hidden folder – you'll have to unhide it if so).

Find the following files and RENAME them by adding "_YYYYQ#" as extensions where YYYY and # refer to the year and quarter of the data set that was just installed:
• Experian_Household.ini
• Experian_Individual.ini

So for you, you'd rename them to:

• Experian_Household_2021Q3.ini
• Experian_Individual_2021Q3.ini

Then just restart Alteryx and they'll show up.

Best practice is as soon as your installs are done each quarter, go and do the above.  

Jnascensus
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you. That works perfectly

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great, glad to help; cheers!

Labels