Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CREATE AN ANAPLAN API TO ALTERYX

Peka235923
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone, 

i have some questions about create an API (ANAPLAN to Alteryx). 

Currently, we are using CSv extractions of our data and we are exploiting these files on alteryx, the extractions take much long time, I want to set up an API key that sends this data directly without doing the export. Has anyone ever managed to create an API from anaplan to Alteryx ?

Thank you

Peka

12 REPLIES 12
EmilyCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Peka235923 

It might be worth taking a look at the Alteryx ANAPLAN connector which has been created by PK Global 

https://pkglobal.com/blog/news_and_events/prokarma-introduces-first-alteryx-connection-anaplan/

Thanks

Emily 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I've not connected to ANAPLAN's API before, but done something similar with other APIs. And it looks like this should be possible with a couple of Download Tools.

The first download tool would be to get an authentication token: https://anaplan.docs.apiary.io/#/introduction/authentication

And the second download tool (using the authentication token in the header) could be used to export data.

Peka235923
7 - Meteor

Hello,

i tried to configure the API (i'am not very confortable with this). I tried to put an URL link and my user name and password on header, but i have an error message "Authentication token is invalid". Do you have some advice to give me to configure it? 

Thank you

Peka235923_0-1641481353855.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Do you have the anaplan auth token? If so, add a header name value pair in the Download Tool with Name = authorization and Value= AnaplanAuthToken {anaplan_auth_token} 

...where {anaplan_auth_token} is your token. Sometimes you can find this in the settings if you login through the website. 

Peka235923
7 - Meteor

Thanks Philip, actually i don't have the anaplan auth token, i'am trying to have one, but i have an error message (picture below). 

I followed this link to configure it : https://help.anaplan.com/3a4a2905-3d55-4199-a980-d1a89ffdcb7e-Use-basic-authentication

May be i'am doing wrong some configuration? 

thanks 🙂

Peka235923_0-1641564669212.png

Peka235923_1-1641565039367.png

Peka235923_2-1641565095280.png

andrew-gandara
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@PhilipMannering @Peka235923 

1. Concatenate your username and password

2. Run it through a Base64 encoding

3. Add the text "Basic " before the encoding

4. Then use the POST call with the authentication URL

andrewgandara_0-1645205620075.png

This will get you an authentication token to then use with all the other Anaplan API calls. 

OR....

Alteryx just released two Anaplan connectors that does all this for you 😁

Anaplan Input - Push data using Anaplan Import actions

Anaplan Output - Pull data using Anaplan Export actions

Both connectors let you run Anaplan Processes (pair this with Block Until Done tool and you can schedule/control exactly when your Anaplan Processes are executed)

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Anaplan-Tools/ta-p/898142

Hope this helps!

Andrew

Peka235923
7 - Meteor

Hello Andrew, 

thank you very much , it's very helpful for me because i get an authentification token. And now i want to get a list of the available export but i couldn't get a successful authenticate. Here three picture of the different error message. 

By the way, i'am sorry for late response, I had not seen that someone had answered, I had given up a little but you give me hope

Peka235923_0-1647863273389.pngPeka235923_1-1647863309094.png

Peka235923_2-1647863322829.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Peka235923- try the new out of the box Anaplan connectors that Alteryx published - also make sure you don't include your authorization or your specific API endpoint in screengrabs.

Peka235923
7 - Meteor

Hello, Apathetichell, 

i tried to use the new anaplan tools but it didn't works, i read about it, i must have an SSO connection to anaplan but we don't use it at our company :(

Labels