Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatically showing output anchor in results tab after Run (ctrl+r)

jma248
5 - Atom

Hi!

This may seem trivial but when I add any tool to the canvas and run the workflow, the input anchor shows in the result window rather than the output anchor.

For example, after input, I added a sort tool and sorted ascending by column 1 and then hit run, the input anchor was selected after run and I have to manually click the output anchor to review the results.

Is there a way for the output anchor to automatically show in the results tab after running the workflow?  

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
csmith11
11 - Bolide

HI jma248,

I believe Alteryx displays whichever anchors (Input/Output) you were last viewing in the results windows. I personally was not able to find settings to change this. Perhaps, you should add this to Idea Discussion Board, as I believe it would be useful as well. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ayx-ideas

javiwood
6 - Meteoroid

Please share an example, I feel like you are describing a Macro or App. If that is the case, then your questions has some missing details. 

jma248
5 - Atom

I am not using a macro or an app.  I wanted to know if there was a way to automatically show the output anchor in the results tab when you place a tool in the canvas, use the tool, and then run the workflow.

When I place a tool on the canvas, use the tool, and then run the workflow it shows "input" data in the results window rather than the output data (data that I changed by using the tool).

It's more of a nuisance than anything because when I run the workflow it appears the tool did not work.  I hope that makes sense! 

Thank you for your response!  I'm attaching a screenshot (in this screenshot, I manually clicked on the output anchor)  

Labels