Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatically move or copy excel files

Jeison_Sabogal
5 - Atom

Good morning community, I am requiring to create a flow in alteryx that is capable of making an exact copy of an excel and placing it in a new location that I require. There are many sheets with different formats and I won't really work with them in Alteryx, I just want an identical copy to be generated from folder A in folder B of excel. How could I do it?

2 REPLIES 2
Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Jeison_Sabogal ,

I'd recommend using a combination of a few things - firstly on this post you'll find a way to import excels with multiple sheets with different schemas, you could then simply edit this so that it writes the output to your new location :)

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Macro-for-Reading-Multiple-Files/m-p/9... 

If you're able to solve it using that, please do mark this as solved so other users can follow in your footsteps! 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Jeison_Sabogal 

If you truly don't need to do anything with the data in Alteryx, what you could do is:

1. Directory tool to read in the file paths
  2. Text input to enter the destination path
  3. Formula tool to generate a command in the following syntax: 'copy "Full Path" "Destination Path"'
  4. Pass it into a run command tool 

Here's an example:

Luke_C_0-1658510087952.png

Labels