Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytic App

StefanusJPK
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

If I have created an analytic app that has various outputs and I share the app with a colleague to run on their desktop - how will the output folder be selected if they only run the app and have no access to the workflow?

Should I create an interface that option that have them select the folder/file to save the app?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@StefanusJPK - you can't run an analytic app on another computer without an Alteryx license. If you have a server/private gallery available to you, you can host the workflow on the server and create an analytic app so the user can swap out the input file and run the workflow. By server/private gallery I'm talking about the Alteryx Server/Gallery which I'm assuming you don't have. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @StefanusJPK 

The output from an analytic app can come in 3 main forms. 

1. The file is written to a specific path.  In this case all users running the file need access to this path. 

3. The user specifies a path.   Add a UI tool and modify your workflow to write to this path 

2. Write to the %temp% directory and present this file to user through the app.  The file will open in the default app for that file type and the user can save it.  To use this, the option needs to be checked in the Interface Designer.  This will work for all users since the %temp% directory is always defined

danilang_1-1625231185151.png

Dan

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @StefanusJPK - I'm not sure that I fully understood your requirements, but what you also can do is to replace the path with .\

ArtApa_0-1625276313515.png

In this case the output will be written in the same folder, where the app is stored. See attachment.

Labels