Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Text Modelling

James89
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community, 

I would like to ask whether is there a feature in Alteryx where I can input string such as 'Reviewed, approved, good to go, no further comment' in a dictionary within Alteryx (like a training model), and subsequently Alteryx would help identify column that contains these string / approximate strings.

Thanks and regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Manoj_k
9 - Comet

hi @James89 this can be used by just simply using a formula tool where you can write such as if [column] ="approved" then 1. in this way you can use the flagging. The other way can be using find and replace tool if you want to replace these with something else

James89
5 - Atom

Hi Manoj,

Thank you so much for the assist. My question would be let's say my Alteryx String contains for example: "I have eaten an apple." under column titled 'Value'.

What would be the formula or rather tool to get Alteryx to flag if Alteryx detects 'eaten'/ 'eat', it would flag 1 or YES.

Thank you so much for the assist once again.

Manoj_k
9 - Comet

hi @James89 i have attached the solution, you can get the output in two different ways by filter and by formula field

Screenshot 2024-04-09 001220.png

Labels