Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Text Modelling

James89
Météoroïde

Hi Alteryx Community, 

I would like to ask whether is there a feature in Alteryx where I can input string such as 'Reviewed, approved, good to go, no further comment' in a dictionary within Alteryx (like a training model), and subsequently Alteryx would help identify column that contains these string / approximate strings.

Thanks and regards.

3 RÉPONSES 3
Manoj_k
Comète

hi @James89 this can be used by just simply using a formula tool where you can write such as if [column] ="approved" then 1. in this way you can use the flagging. The other way can be using find and replace tool if you want to replace these with something else

James89
Météoroïde

Hi Manoj,

Thank you so much for the assist. My question would be let's say my Alteryx String contains for example: "I have eaten an apple." under column titled 'Value'.

What would be the formula or rather tool to get Alteryx to flag if Alteryx detects 'eaten'/ 'eat', it would flag 1 or YES.

Thank you so much for the assist once again.

Manoj_k
Comète

hi @James89 i have attached the solution, you can get the output in two different ways by filter and by formula field

Screenshot 2024-04-09 001220.png

Étiquettes