Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx-Tableau Connect tool error

AlleghenyAnalyst12
7 - Meteor

Hi folks, I'm using a 2020.4.5 version of Alteryx Designer, and I'm testing a workflow that writes a .hyper to a new Tableau server.

I have a simple workflow, that grabs 100 lines of data and tries to write it to tableau. I'm able to connect fine.

AlleghenyAnalyst12_0-1613492492133.png

I run it, and it seems like it works fine:

AlleghenyAnalyst12_1-1613492563076.png

That is the date is uploaded, but then in the last line of the "Publish to Tableau" tool, I have an error that reads: 'Error: The file was not uploaded successfully.'

When I go to the server, and look at the .hyper file, my QA looks like the file was uploaded, from what I can tell. I mean the dataset is in there, and from what I can tell, from using the "Ask Data" functionality of Tableau, all the data is available. Does anybody know what is going on here?

1 REPLY 1
SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AlleghenyAnalyst12 Thanks for posting! Sorry you are running into this issue. If you recently upgraded Tableau also to 20.4 you may be running into a known issue. If you are planning on staying on Designer 20.4 the work-around is documented here:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Publish-to-Tableau-Server-Error-The...

Alternatively, there was a fix for this issue included in Designer 21.1 and up.

Hope that helps! If you continue to experience issues please don't hesitate to contact Alteryx Support.

Thanks and have a great week,

Sabrina

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels