Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Environment Parameterisation

sidatm
6 - Meteoroid

HI Team,

For our project here that we are currently working on, we have hardcoded connection parameters for Database, HTTP connections, file paths etc.

We have a requirement to store these values in external config files and refer the file in our workflow.

I have tried looking this up in Alteryx document but can’t find an efficient way to do this.

Appreciate if anyone can guide me with this query or provide sample workflow to implement this requirements.

Thanks

Mahmad

3 REPLIES 3
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @sidatm 

All of this your data like Database, HTTP connections, file paths can save as *.yxdb or macro file in the LAN share folder. then you can input it to your any workflow for get  the hard-coded connection parameters.

sidatm
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your response. Is there any sample workflow that you can provide me that implement this.

sidatm
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your response. Is there any sample workflow that you can provide me that implement this.

Labels