Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Desktop Warning Message in Reporting - Render Tool

kimc745
8 - Asteroid

I am in a situation where I need to output the R anchor of the Field Summary report.  We do not have server or gallery and the results need to be shared.  I have the render tool connected to the R anchor of Field Summary Tool.  The output file is not a temporary file but rather Choose A specific output file.  

When I run the workflow, the output file is produced as a PPT; however, there is a warning message that reads, "The current page layout has caused some data to be incorrectly truncated and the Excel file to be corrupted.  We recommend modifying how the data is laid out."

Why is it referring to Excel in the error message when it is a PPT file that is being produced?  And how can I resolve this?

Configuration of the Render tool below:

The output file is not a temporary file but rather Choose A specific output file.

Data is not Grouped into Separate reports.

Output file is a PowerPoint File

Report Data:  Data Field = Report

Separator:  Insert Whitespace between records

Report Style:
Letter (8.5 x 11)

Orientation Portrait

Margins (in.) .05 inch margins

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@kimc745 

Try changing the size

choose another option or use custom to see if the warning disappears

geraldo_0-1686692430898.png

kimc745
8 - Asteroid

@geraldo 

Tried the following with same results:

Letter - Landscape - no margins

Legal - Landscape 8.5 x 14

Legal - Landscape 8.5 x 14 - no margins

Tabloid - Landscape 11 x 17 - no margins

Custom Size - 11 x 20 - no margins

All output pretty much the same content - just a little more spread out - warning remains

kimc745
8 - Asteroid

@geraldo   Testing more this morning. I switched to PDF output format with landscape no margins and no warning or error thrown.  Wonder why the error with PowerPoint.  

Labels