Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Aging calculation

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I want to calculate aging in days as difference between a manual date inserted by me and dates coming from excel file attached.

The logic of date retrieved by excel is the following: for each row I need to consider starting from column BO (ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY]) the first field with Submitted word inside it (for example if BO is empty I need to go to BM, if BM is empty I need to go to BK etc..) until the first column ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY] filled with Submitted word and the that the date in the left column ACTION DATE.

So AGING = CUSTOM DATE - ACTION DATE

Thanks for support

Giovanni

9 REPLIES 9
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @elfunambolo 

See if the following helps...

PhilipMannering_0-1605528184053.png

Solution Attached.

Thanks,

Philip

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for help. I integrated your blocks inside my flow but AGING field at the end are empty.

Can you support me?

Thanks

Giovanni

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @elfunambolo 

Can you please excel file associated with this workflow. Will take a look into it.

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Attached

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @elfunambolo 

There was few modifications required. Here is the modified workflow.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1605539121632.png

Please and let me know.

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Is missing this check -> I need to consider starting from column BO (ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY]) the first field with Submitted word inside it (for example if BO is empty I need to go to BM, if BM is empty I need to go to BK etc..) until the first column ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY] filled with 'Submitted' word

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Is missing this part:

"The logic of date retrieved by excel is the following: for each row I need to consider starting from column BO (ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY]) the first field with Submitted word inside it (for example if BO is empty I need to go to BM, if BM is empty I need to go to BK etc..) until the first column ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY] filled with Submitted word and the that the date in the left column ACTION DATE."

OliverW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @elfunambolo ,

feel free to check this one, I think this should do, what you are interested in, let me knof if this works. 

I could not really make out what your "Custom Date" would be, so I just put at the end for the calculation the 1st of January 2020, but I am pretty sure you understand the concept in general.

If this works, please feel free to mark it as a solution as well as give a like.

Let me know in case you need any explanation in the workflow or if everything is understandable.

Best wishes

Olli

elfunambolo
8 - Asteroid

Hi Oliver,

I saw your design but the logic doesn't work. For example for Request# 207755409 the ACTION date should be 21/07/2020 with ACTION TYPE [PERFORMED BY] = Submitted (Kanisin, Devaraj[PO Adjustment (Other LE)]).

I see other two issue that before were absent: 1) some request# hasn't Action date filled and 3) some request# hasn't Aging calculation filled.

I attach my WF design and source data, I need only to add the logic that I wrote above.

Labels