Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding current mth nos to the YTD and showing the total the monthly spilt in formla

remarsha
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Looking for a guidance/ solution to my requirement that is as follows

1. I have current months figures     

2. Need to add the above to the YTD nos.  

3 Add YTD+ Current Month.   However the cell needs to show just 100 for e.g., once highlighted need to show the month on month  break up=11+17+19+22+23+8.

4.  Once the year is over  how to ensure the template works for the new year, 2023, how do I ensure I clear the 2022 values and start afresh.

Attaching the file.

9 REPLIES 9
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@remarsha one way of doing this 

binuacs_2-1662818473814.png

remarsha
8 - Asteroid

@binaucs, let me try and get back. thanks.

remarsha
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs 

As i understand, you have taken the Current month and the previous months (YTD) and joined.

What i didn't get is after the second sort 'dynamic input' being taken along with the 'field info'. Can you pls clarify this piece.

Also, once i download the out put it shows the total. I am looking at the outputs as attached when i downland. 

thanks.

remarsha
8 - Asteroid

see the nos in the fx on top

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@remarsha The field info tool gets the fields name from the input file and I used these fields to rename the original result from the second sort tool using a dynamic rename tool. This is because the output of the Cross tab tool re-arranged the order of the fields. I mean the fields A,B...E comes in random order, so I used these two fields to make it in the same order as the input file (A...E)

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@remarsha Alteryx reads your YTD amount as 36.00 not "=1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8". Your requirement is to Add the current month's amount of Penny to the YTD. ie =1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+43, In order to append the current month amount first the YTD amount should read as =1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8 from the input file. I am not sure it is possible in the usual way. Might need to try different ways

remarsha
8 - Asteroid

Noted. 

Yeah have to figure out a way as that's the main requirement.

Thanks.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@remarsha I was able to find a solution to your use case. This solution is not complete, but this is a starting point  and you can play around with the xml data in the excel workbook

This solution is based on the post by @danilang 

Re: comparing column headers and notes in header c... - Alteryx Community

binuacs_0-1663171662002.png

output

binuacs_1-1663171702539.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@remarsha attaching the workflow in the older version

Labels