Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Where can I fine defaultCredentialId ? v3 API

Link86
8 - Asteroid

When updating a user with the V3 Alteryx API, the field defaultCredentialId is a required field. The docs refer to it as:

However, I am not seeing this information when I pull the users data so where can I get this? Can I leave it blank?

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Not 100% sure  but in the Workflow endpoints section you can get a workflowID using:

Retrieve a Specific Workflow Record 

To get information about a specific workflow, use the GET {baseURL}/v3/workflows/{workflowId} endpoint. 

Parameters 

• workflowId (string): Required. Enter the workflow ID to get information about this workflow. 

Request Example: cURL

curl --location --request GET 'http://localhost/webapi/v3/workflows/61db393fc565144387d451fb' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer BearerTokenGoesHere'

I've assumed that this unique ID is the same. If this isn't accurate perhaps someone more knowledgeable can confirm.

Link86
8 - Asteroid

How would I know which one to use? Would any workflow that the user created work? Seems like this is a weird requirement.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels