Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add or Remove Columns based on Input Table

JoseHerrera
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am looking to make a workflow that based on an input table can add or delete columns in the final outputs. The columns may be strings, data or intergers.

Any ideas on how I can start? I already try to use the Dynamic Select tool but I wasn't able to do it.

I am attaching an example of input and what I am expecting as the output. I am hoping I can split the output to 3 different tables.

Thanks for the help

Input Table

RowABCD
1YesNoYesNo
2NoYesNoNo
3NoYesYesYes

Outputs

AC

B

BCD
4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JoseHerrera 
Make a simple flow, please give a try and see if this is what you want. If you do, give a mark, thanks.joseherrera.PNG

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @JoseHerrera 

If i have understood the ask correctly, i have created a batch macro that does this perfectly.

here is the data that is input:

TheOC_0-1602289375304.png

And here what is output, an output file for each row:

TheOC_1-1602289397117.png
in the same format you asked:

TheOC_2-1602289422257.png

Attached is the macro, this is what it looks like:

TheOC_3-1602289440643.png

Now you will have to change the directory of the output file within this macro, and then save it, so your workflow can run it. I currently have it saving to a specific folder on my drive. I did try to have this dynamically, but as the macro is saved elsewhere, the output will just be dynamic to where the macro file is. If this is a requirement for you though, i'm happy to spend some more time looking at it.

Simply import the macro into a workflow, drag your rows of data in to both input streams, and then make sure to set the choose field within the questions tab to row:

TheOC_4-1602289625006.png

Any questions let me know!

Bulien
JoseHerrera
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your reply, but it is not what I was looking for.

JoseHerrera
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your answer works great

Labels