Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

2 output in Single Excel file with 2 different tabs

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, I have a requirement in which I want my output to be in a single file with 2 different sheets. I have 2 outputs for a workflow, I want them to saved in a way where the outputs , output 1: which is External and Output 2 : which is internal must be saved in 2 different tabs sheets - External and Internal, in the same file. The files should also have a date structure in which the files should be saved according to dates, the files have to be saved everyday with different dates, I don't want to append the files or delete the previous files. example: for 7th July file if I am working it should have the date 7th July in it, Example : Consolidated File 7th July, If I am working for 8th July File it should have the file as Consolidated File 8th July, the files should not be deleted or appended, it should have a different file. Can anyone guide me through the steps. Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
KGT
11 - Bolide

There are a couple of things you need to look at here.

1. The first is the option on the output tool to take a path from a field. Use a formula to construct the filename you need (can include Sheet) and then tick "Take File/Table Name From Field" at the bottom of the Output configuration. Hit F1 for more help on that. In this way, if both sheets are the same columns, then you only need one output tool and Point 2 here is not needed.
  2. The other is Block Until Done. It will hold all the data until it has the whole set and then start outputting through Output 1, then once it has finished outputting through output 1, it will start outputting through output 2. It does not care what else is happening and so that Gate 1 data may still be processing downstream while outputting from Gate 2.
Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KGT , how can I change the name of the output file ? like whenever new file is updated it will updated on Date

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kaish Sample workflow attached

image.png

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs , my data is not similar, like few fields are changed in both the outputs, but I have used table tool to separate both the files, now how can I render both of them into one file with the specified sheet names?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kaish Can you provide a sample data and expected output?

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs I am sorry buddy, I am working on organizational data, I am sharing a scenario, here you can understand the requirement.

Table 1

Name   Age       Date

John     43       05 June

Sam     54       12 June

Ravi     43        21 June

Yen      34       14 June

Table 2

Group      Name      ID     Shift     

A            Tom        32       D

J             Rohan    34       D

R            Lacy       67       D

W            Ralph     54       N

Consider these are 2 tables which have been cleaned and this is the output tables

The name of Table 1 : Internal and name of Table 2 : External, the data is not similar to each other so therefor we can't send in the past workflow which you sent, after this I need these two tabs Internal and External to be in a same file which will be dynamic, the name of the sheet will be changed according to date. Can you help me in this ?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kaish attaching the sample workflow

image.png

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs, It worked for me but only problem I am facing right now is the data output in the excel format, the headers and data are not accurately being displayed, there are 40 columns for internal and 45 for external, so the headers and data in the output is not capturing full data, for Example the column name 'transaction' is displayed like (Tra) .  Can you help me in this ? like is there anything I can do with the table tool ? While using browsing tool in union the data is reflecting fine but in the output I am getting this incorrect and insufficient data

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kaish In the render tool change the paper size to custom and increase the  size ,then you will able to see the proper fields in the report 

Labels