Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Default glossary terms become hidden upon first bulk import to Glossary folder (in 20.2)

James_First_Mile
8 - Asteroid

I stumbled upon new behavior in Connect 20.2 and I'm trying to figure out if it's a bug or by design. To reproduce...

1. I exported the Glossary folder to xls
  2. In the 'term' sheet, I appended the default terms by adding 3 rows to the end (incl the parent folder xid)
  3. I imported the Glossary file and noticed that there were 9 rejects in the 'relations' sheet
  4. When I checked the Glossary folder in the UI, I saw that the 9 default terms were gone and only my 3 new terms were displayed

When I took a closer look at the exported glossary file I saw that each default term was assigned a 'lifecycleStatusSearchable' (see screenshot) fieldcode in the relations sheet. It appears that this relationship is what has caused the terms to disappear/hide after an import. That fieldcode appears to pertain to a 'decertify' lifecycle status. 

Is this by design? I could see why, perhaps, you want to remove your default (mock) terms after real terms have been added by a user. In past versions of Connect, the relations sheet wasn't setup in this way so an update and subsequent import of a Glossary file retained the default terms.

Glossary_test_2_xls__-__Compatibility_Mode_and_Uncertified.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @James_First_Mile

I reproduced this issue on our 2020.2 test server and escalated it for further research. I will follow up with more information as soon as it is available. 

EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @James_First_Mile

Development is correcting this issue. A fix will be available soon, likely in 20.3. 

James_First_Mile
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @EricWe