Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

ldwagner - Finance Professional, new to learning via Alteryx.com

ldwagner
6 - Meteoroid

I work in Finance for FIL Limited in Bermuda.  Dealing with data all day long, I'm looking for new tools to make the analysis and manual processes more efficient and less "user error" prone.  At this late stage in my career, I'm proof you CAN teach an old dog new tricks....  Well, some anyway, I still struggle with writing formulas that work, so looking forward to working through weekly challenges to get my skills up to speed, and reading what other questions people have had and the solutions offered.

3 REPLIES 3
ijcarlos
6 - Meteoroid

seems like you have a structured method of learning. Can you share what school/ module/ or group you are following? 

ldwagner
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there, I'm not following any particular group, it's all self study.  My intention is to do three of the archived weekly challenges each week to try out new tools and see how other people are solving problems.  I have some processes at work to create Alteryx solutions for so plenty of material to practice with.

ijcarlos
6 - Meteoroid

sounds nice! seems we are in a similar boat. lots of opportunity in my work too to practice alteryx. We started trying to achieve the certifications for desktop designer. The certification journey provided a structure for us :) 

Labels