Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Alteryx Experience

Andrew1991
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I am an accounting student at CSUF and have been using Alteryx for half of the semester.  I am often getting glitches with the training videos where the commentary doesn't quite line up with the videos, creating lagging.  Was wondering if any of you all had any ideas as to what I can do? 

Also, to anyone who passed the Certification for Designer, what did you do to prepare?

Best,

Andrew Campos

1 REPLY 1
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Andrew1991!

Welcome to the community! Are you seeing these glitches in our community videos? If so you can submit that as a bug to our case queue so we can take a look into it for you!

As for the core exam, I spent a lot of time in our Weekly Challenges, focusing on the tools that the exam focused on, which the awesomely outline in the prep guide. Once I had some experience with the tools I would then try and apply everyday problems I saw into Alteryx or just would play with data I had on hand to see what I could get. The more time I spent exploring each of the unique tools and trying out different problems the easier I found the test was.

Though I know a lot of people like going through the Interactive Lessons since they're a great overview starting point before jumping into other challenges. One of our certification associates also wrote an awesome blog about what he did and his experience with the exam which is a great read!