Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #84: Map Hurricane Harvey's Storm Evolution

sknman92
8 - Asteroid

solutions attached. My first method wasn't breaking up the line into segments, but making one big line. In addition, I couldn't segment by line because one of the storm segments consisted of only one point. So for my second solution, I resorted to a batch macro.

Rob-Silk
8 - Asteroid

My solution below - ended up going down the batch macro route same as the solution in order to get a continuous line of segments and to get the same average intensity values:

Spoiler
challenge_84a_RS_screencap.PNGchallenge_84b_RS_screencap.PNG
StephanieYou
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-01-11 110526.png

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

Tricky to spot how the additional points were calculated. I liked my approach here. I used the browse tool on each spatial object and then dived into the Cell Viewer. This allowed me to see if there was a larger number of spatial points in each object:

Spoiler
Challenge 84 picture.png

Tgigs
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached

Spoiler.PNG

Kiwi_Li
8 - Asteroid

Completed!

snbandi
8 - Asteroid

My solution

aaroncpotts
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
  Challenge_84_Solution.png

I decided not to go in the direction of macros, and instead worked on formulas and joins. I opted against tiling because I was running into bugs with day 5 and day 10 or 11. Turns out that I had set Tile_SequenceNum in one branch to V_WString instead of Int64. The sequence tool will follow ABC order instead of numerical order if you do that.

H_a_n_g_C_h_e_n__x3
8 - Asteroid

Avg Different

YadTheTabLad
8 - Asteroid

image.png