Important notice: All Credly Certification exam badges that have been unclaimed for 30 or more days will expire on August 28, 2024. To keep your badges active, log in to your Credly account and claim your badge before the deadline. (Don’t worry, this does not affect your Community badges!)

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #53: Parsing Report Formatted Data

ckoo22
Asteroid

Solution Attached!

Krzysiek
Asteroid

MySolution

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
AGilbert
Bolide

I believe I found a 'dynamic' way using the core tools. Namely split to rows and cross-tab/transpose pivots. At least under the assumption the values will always be delimited with a pipe. 

I tried a long regex expression for 'fun', but the third record's null client id got me. The expression I tried was (\#|\d{4}|"") but it fails to match. My solution was to make the entire clause optional as (\#|\d{4})*. Pretty much the opposite of dynamic but was good practice.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-03-20 130040.png
AllexJia
Asteroid

I just set a large number in the Text to Columns tool```I'm not sure wether this works or not.

AllexJia
Asteroid

my solution  as attachment.

Spoiler

11.png

Raj
Nebula

Solved !

Jon-Knepper
Asteroid

Here is my solution!

Spoiler
Untitled.png
Bobbyt23
Bolide

Really enjoyed that challenge. The power of the macro!

mshishido
Asteroid

here

danielhoge
Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-07-03 122746.png

allows up to 100 columns, rejects any that have the generic "Field_" column name after the dynamic rename tool is used, but still allows 'unknown' columns in case new column values are used.