Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #426: Perfect Numbers

fdavy
6 - Meteoroid

Here's my answer

RashedDS
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
426.JPG

TobiasFitschen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge_426.png

 After I was done, I suspected that this is not the most efficient way, but got to learn something after checking out how others approached the challenge.

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

'Perfect' one to come back to post bank holiday

Spoiler
image.png
shancmiralles
8 - Asteroid

First time to participate 💞

Have to search further on formulas .. you really have to know your formulas ( or be really friends with Google 😆

1000011058.jpg

JeffF
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Challenge_426_JeffF.png
shancmiralles
8 - Asteroid

** on my 2nd solution i have 2 filter tools just to separate the "[RowCount] < [Num] " and "Mod([Num], [RowCount]) = 0" formulas

Pilsner
10 - Fireball

My Solution:

Spoiler
426.png

Carolyn
11 - Bolide

I solved this 2 different ways

Spoiler
For the first way, I generated every integrate from 1 to the number, saw if the number was evenly divisible by that number, and summarized. Easy but slow. 

For the second way, I knew that I only needed to test up to the square root of the number, rounded down. For example, if I was evaluating 99, I only need to test through 9. Any other integrates that will divide into 99 would be caught with the numbers less than 99. 9 goes into 99 so it would catch when I evaluate through 9. Then I just need to find its buddy which is 11. If I test all the way through 99, I'll catch the buddy 11 that way, but it's doing more evaluation than I really need to.

It added a number of extra Tools to make that work, but it ran faster and satisfied my inner mathematician, so I'm calling it a win

2024-06-05_13-47-47.png

RyanWade
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Challenge_426_RWade.png