Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #416: The Oscars 2024

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2024-03-07 092713.png
DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2024-03-07 092713.png
NatSnook
8 - Asteroid

Done -thanks :)

Spoiler
challenge416.png
achisman
7 - Meteor

Solution

davidblack
7 - Meteor

Solved it!

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 416 Solution DKB.PNG
acurrul
6 - Meteoroid

Poor Glenn Close!

Christian_Erickson
6 - Meteoroid

Probably slightly messy and inefficient, but nonetheless my solution for Weekly Challenge #416

ScottLewis
10 - Fireball

My solution, with the correct answer to 8 greater nominations than wins but without cleaning up the names in the source data to fix Daniel Day Lewis' multiple names. He's another Lewis. I like to see him on the always wins list.

The >8 issue with Peter O'Toole calls out a common design pattern where we want the output of a join but also need to catch one side (which should be the left if we're designing carefully but sometimes we don't) of the output and treat some value there as a default. In our work (Financial process development) we see a lot of this where we're matching everything we can but still maintaining the full source dataset. 

Left Join.PNG

Congratulations to @Qiu 

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

All 5 tasks are done!

AR_challenge416.png

nick_hartley
6 - Meteoroid

Challenge 416