Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #407: Single Biggest Lottery Winner

nSpire
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
407.png
mrinmoy_007
5 - Atom

Solution from my Side. 

SamBreen
7 - Meteor

My Solution 

Spoiler
Spolier Challenge 407.PNG

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Here's my take:

Spoiler
I built a portion to check for duplicate draw dates because that would immediately make this analysis bogus and not worthwhile. Afterwards, I added a Multi-Row Tool to find the total accumulated from the last draw whenever there was a new total of 0 (I interpreted this as a cashout for the winner). As we're looking for a single winner of the jackpot total, I thought to look for the highest cashout. I am assuming that the total field is not a summarisation of the other money fields, but that assumption needs a follow-up.407.png
SzymonDK
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge407.png
geoche
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Happy New Year !

My solution for this first 2024 challenge

Spoiler
solution.PNG
Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached

Spoiler
407.PNG

clairelardner1
5 - Atom

Solution: 

Capture.PNG

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

This was a nice and simple problem although, there is a mistake in the problem statement, since no draws have a sole winner 6/6 matches who "claim the entire accumulated jackpot" since every draw had 5/6 & 4/6 winners who also won some of the money. Regardless here is the solution:

Spoiler
_Main.png
LuisCarreyo
7 - Meteor

This was a pretty interesting challenge. 

Spoiler
I thought I had to convert the dots to commas, and the last comma to a dot. Couldn't find any ReplaceLast, so I thought this became impossible until I saw the output with no commas and figured that in order for the Summarize to calculate a Max it required no commas. I just complicated my life for nothing. lol