Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #393: Find the Best Yarn

DataNath
17 - Castor

My solution to #393.

Spoiler
393.png
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
image.png

Found a discrepancy in part 2, also I started off doing it independently from part 1 as that made more sense to me
JulesClaeys
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-10-16 182156.png

SachinG
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-10-16 225829.png
logdog0411
8 - Asteroid

I got the same error as @dwstada. Interested to see the solution. 

Spoiler

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Solution attached.

Spoiler
YarnYarn
Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Just like everyone else, I could not get value #2 on the second question to match the provided answer. I spent an hour on 'just' that, trying to get a match and I finally gave up.

I'm curious if anyone has managed a means to get the second question results to match?

Spoiler
MT_Solution_293.jpg

networkmike42
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-10-16 121948.png

a640687
8 - Asteroid

I noticed that the task was asking us to create average ratings from average ratings, which is rarely a good idea, so I summed up the ratings and the rating total and then created a true average for the category, rather than creating an average from grouped averages.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

I can get the same result as the provided solution if I lump "other" in with vegetable fiber. 

Spoiler
I also have a bit of an issue with how they averaged ratings. Taking the average of an average doesn't make sense to me, especially since we have the total ratings and counts of ratings so we can easily do it the right way by dividing the sum of the ratings by the sum of the counts in each category. So here's my solution:

2023-10-16_17-21-46.jpg