Important notice: All Credly Certification exam badges that have been unclaimed for 30 or more days will expire on August 28, 2024. To keep your badges active, log in to your Credly account and claim your badge before the deadline. (Don’t worry, this does not affect your Community badges!)

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

CSmith16
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am using Alteryx Desktop Designer on a server for my company. I cannot open, view, or move the text input tool for the output on the start file. The program is not responding every time. Could someone provide me the data as a .yxdb file please so I can try and complete this weekly challenge.

EDIT: Got it!

michael_apau
8 - Asteroid

michael_apau_0-1686758626358.png

Tofel
8 - Asteroid

It does not look like an output, but I think I got the concept right.

Spoiler
Tofel_1-1686759328762.png

Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

My Solution:

Spoiler
challenge_003.jpg

cusher
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

Pete_Rodgers
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

that took some time to get my head around the output formatting

Spoiler
Pete_Rodgers_0-1686919385487.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

My solution.

Spoiler

The order of [Name] column is not aligned with the expected output.

I converted the Input and Output data from Text Input tool to Input Data tools (.yxdb files) for more efficiency.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1687056531217.png

reedy212
7 - Meteor

I did have to go back to the solution file quite a bit on this one. I think some of the outputs in the answer were messy and made the workflow much more difficult to understand. 

ejhaley
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

I feel like there's a better way to solve this, I only calculated the 1st field to save time instead of calculating 12 different fields... notes in spoiler

Spoiler
ejhaley_0-1687268274603.png

Used multi-row to calc rolling avg successfully for the 1st field, but seems like a tedious amount of work to calculate something seemingly simple, especially for each individual field.  I've got to be missing a way to simplify this :/

rpcarniato
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
rpcarniato_0-1687276241971.png

I did not follow the suggested output layout because I tried to improve data visualization.