Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #17: Month-over-Month Retention Rate

Ukashi
8 - Asteroid

Good occasion to train Batch Macros - thanks for that

my solution :

Spoiler
image.pngimage.png

Thanks for challenge

AlexC2
8 - Asteroid

Somewhat tricky but enjoyed the challenge

BSilverblatt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenge! Here is my solution:

DavidLane
8 - Asteroid

Nice refresh of batch macros.

My solution was perhaps not quite as elegant as the offical solution using the action to update a single text input within the macro, but it got me there.

Spoiler
DavidLane_0-1589721494099.png

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Did it both with and without the batch macro - hint - if you can run all of them without the batch, you have 99% of the structure of the batch macro

Spoiler
jarrod_0-1590174568730.png

kli
6 - Meteoroid

I am also confused about why retention rate would have closed account number as the numerator, but I built my macro as the challenge requested anyway. I found a little issue with the solution's formula for determining the open accounts. It uses [Close Date] > [Start of Month] date as part of the criteria. I think it should be >= instead. If an account is open on 5/30 and closed on 6/1, it should still be considered as open in Jun even if it's a partial day. 

Spoiler
challenge_17_KL_screenshot.jpg
GeraldJTessier
8 - Asteroid

Here my solution

seinchyiwoo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A fun challenge using batch macro!

Spoiler
seinchyiwoo_0-1591873168054.png

Spoiler
and the macro:
seinchyiwoo_1-1591873184757.png

rahmed
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

My solution

Tberney
8 - Asteroid

The question is what to inside and outside the macro. Anyone have a reasoning that makes sense?

In the event I decided that the macro would take a list of months (not dates) to filter on the control parameter and the open/close data pairs on the input. It returns the #of accounts at the beginning of each month as well as the number of accounts created during the month. I calculate the % in the calling workflow. Here is the macro:

Spoiler

Tberney_0-1592645997533.png

Tberney_1-1592646025530.png

and the workflow:

Spoiler
Tberney_2-1592646095091.png