community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #77: Extending Spatial Lines

Asteroid

Challenge Completed

Highlighted
Asteroid

Brilliant Challenge. Really thought provoking. (@jamielaird you were right i really found a love hate relationship with this one!)

Hopefully I've got it right :)

Alteryx Certified Partner

Nice work @AndyBate!

Asteroid

What a challenge :') 

Alteryx Certified Partner

Follow my solution app attached...

Asteroid

Had to take a break from this and come back to it. Puzzled me for a little bit. But I do love me a spatial challenge!

Spoiler
Challenge 77.jpg
Alteryx Partner

Quite fun.

Spoiler

Workflow   77(1).png

Start   start.jpgStarting lines

Finding the end points  1.jpgEnd points of Starting Lines

Around the end points   trade areas.jpgTrade area around end points

Finding the new end points  3.jpgNew end points

Quasar
Spoiler
So I might've simplified this one a bit too much and just used basic trigonometry. Did not think of using trade area!
Challenge #77 macro.PNGChallenge #77.PNG
Pulsar

Spatial tools are some easier than boring old math...even though the results are not quite as accurate.

Results.png

Spoiler
Trade area around an end point, split and find the point farthest away from the other end point of the original line.  Lather, Rinse and repeat

Solution 77.png

Dan

Bolide

Cheers!