Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #61: Save the Astronaut

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

assume to use the shortest distance to subsequent card (that's means <180 degree)

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

When I was starting to learn Alteryx, we completed this challenge on the Phoenix User Group meeting with @michaelperillo  and @Treyson 

I had plenty of fun with this one.

Spoiler
2020-01-07_11-29-03.jpg
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
2020-01-13 20_22_16-Greenshot.png
Highlighted
7 - Meteor

My attempt

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

This was a great challenge! Very fun and full of assumptions that needed to be made.

Spoiler
I had a bit of difficulty reconciling my answer with the provided solution until I realized that the provided solution allowed for turns greater than 180 degrees, which my solution did not allow.

I assumed that the camera would always take the shortest path and would not stop - i.e. continuous motion.

Capture.PNG
Highlighted
13 - Pulsar

Astronaut has been saved. 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
AWC61.png

Back when I first saw this challenge back in November I could not get my head around it at all. Thankfully I felt much more up to the challenge today! 

Assumptions:

Spoiler
Camera can turn clockwise and anti-clockwise. 
Camera can't go past 360. 
It doesn't actually pause on a letter but rather is continuously moving...
Punctuation is included (but no "start/end transmission")
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Loved this one