The solution to last week's challenge can be found HERE.
This week we are changing it up a bit and pulling a question that was asked to the Community last week! The issue was that the user had a spatial object that had "holes" inside the object. The challenge was to fill in any holes within the object. The answer to this solution can be solved in very few steps, but the challenge comes in knowing or discovering the right configurations within the tools used to solve the problem. If you would like any hints or to find out how the question was solved, check out the original post which also contains the solution:
I got something working with very few tools. To be honest I had no idea how this was going to work out, was just playing around with the spacial tools and.. oh it works! I guess this approach can be ok sometimes lol.
Thanks for the challenge and have a great week,
I couldn't get it to work using the same exact workflow as shown in the example. I received the following error. Is that because I don't have
So I tried a slightly different way and achieved the correct answer. I also tried using the spatial match to verify. You can see the bold borders indicating the 2 are stacked on top of each other.
Thanks for the challenge. I had a good play around with spatial tools.
At first, I got carried away with building more polygons from existing polygons, but after some trial and error, I had a peek at the hint which quickly led me to the same solution as others.
I would prefer not to have hints like this easily available, as it's so hard to resist them. It's supposed to be a challenge anyway 🙂