community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #129: US Grand Prix Lap 3 - Where to Host an Event

Alteryx
Alteryx

And now on to the final lap! We've completed a lap on data prep, one on predictive, and we round out the Grand Prix with a lap involving spatial.

This one was a nail-bitter in Anaheim, with two drivers finishing in the final seconds and @NicoleJohnson taking home the cup! 

If you're headed to Inspire Europe and want to give a shot at qualifying for the Grand Prix, check out this article explaining all the rules and how to register.

Enjoy!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

This was a fun one. Thanks for posting!

Asteroid

Sorry, here's my solution!

Quasar

Just a minor comment. The answer states that the Capacity of location 4 is 250, but it's actually 300.

Thanks for a great challenge!

Quasar

Nice quick finishing lap

Spoiler
Location 4 with 178 attendees and 4440 total cost

Solution 129.png

Dan

Bolide
Bolide

Fun challenge!  

I'm with @DavidP on the Capacity.  Mine says 300 as well (in the start file).

Spoiler
My initial thought was to go to the optimization tool, but quickly realized it could be solved using spatial tools and summarize.
Alteryx Partner

Fun challenge @JimmyG! here's my solution:

Spoiler
challenge 129.jpg
Alteryx
Alteryx

Good catch, @DavidP. To peel back the curtain a bit, we do a significant amount of testing of these workflows and one of the things we test is to see if someone could stumble across the right answer in a way we did not intend. One of our testers found something that had me change the capacity, but looks like I posted an earlier version than the one with the "final" output.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Sure thing, @JoBen! Thanks for solving!