Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #11: Identify Logical Groups

qb
7 - Meteor

Far far FAR too many tools used. I am still fighting the urge to re-do it "perfectly", and just accept that I am a newbie who is growing, and a bunch of big finished messes are much better than nitpicking over one unfinished beauty.

I had an issue where Alteryx insisted on automatically truncating fields like "Screen,Tones" into "Screen". I tried to figure out why, but eventually settled on creating a numerical field instead and adding the text later.

I labelled everything so it would be clear to future me. 😛 Pardon the mess.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Marcel_Gavrila
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution!

alexo
8 - Asteroid

I spent a long time trying to automate the generation of permutations, but ended up just hardcoding them as it massively simplified the workflow. An append fields + formula to find matches runs in under five seconds.

fmeo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
11. Identifying Logical Groups.PNG
MattBenj
9 - Comet

Solution attached.

MikeHinz
8 - Asteroid

sara-hamdoun
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Spoiler

Challenge 16.JPG

Nikos_I
5 - Atom

Dear Team,

I cannot post my solution I keep receiving the following message when I press to Reply.

Thank you,

Maximum size: 66 MB • Maximum attachments allowed: 7
justindavis
10 - Fireball

First intermediate challenge after many of the beginner ones completed. Is there a better way to compare performance across two versions of your workflow than just runtime? For example in SQL you can check CPU, logical reads, etc.  I tried...

Spoiler