Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #11: Identify Logical Groups

qb
7 - Meteor

Far far FAR too many tools used. I am still fighting the urge to re-do it "perfectly", and just accept that I am a newbie who is growing, and a bunch of big finished messes are much better than nitpicking over one unfinished beauty.

I had an issue where Alteryx insisted on automatically truncating fields like "Screen,Tones" into "Screen". I tried to figure out why, but eventually settled on creating a numerical field instead and adding the text later.

I labelled everything so it would be clear to future me. 😛 Pardon the mess.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Marcel_Gavrila
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution!

alexo
8 - Asteroid

I spent a long time trying to automate the generation of permutations, but ended up just hardcoding them as it massively simplified the workflow. An append fields + formula to find matches runs in under five seconds.

fmeo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
11. Identifying Logical Groups.PNG
MattBenj
9 - Comet

Solution attached.

MikeHinz
8 - Asteroid

sara-hamdoun
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Spoiler

Challenge 16.JPG

Nikos_I
5 - Atom

Dear Team,

I cannot post my solution I keep receiving the following message when I press to Reply.

Thank you,

Maximum size: 66 MB • Maximum attachments allowed: 7
justindavis
10 - Fireball

First intermediate challenge after many of the beginner ones completed. Is there a better way to compare performance across two versions of your workflow than just runtime? For example in SQL you can check CPU, logical reads, etc.  I tried...

Spoiler