Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Videos

Get your skills in gear with hours and hours of videos on topics ranging from beginner to advanced.

Tips and Tricks - I Never Knew That!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Description: 

Even for experienced Alteryx users, there are moments where you see someone else do something cool in Alteryx and say "I didn't know you could do that!" This session shows a wide variety of features and shortcuts that can save you lots of time and just make life easier.

You'll learn how to:

• Work quicker and more efficiently in Alteryx

Tool sets/processes covered:

• A wide range of tools and features

Date: 2017-04-25

Version: 11.0

Presented by@JoeM

IJH34
8 - Asteroid

Where can I obtain a copy of the dataset that will be used during the live training sessions?

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@IJH34, datasets are typically attached at the bottom to the posts in the form of a .yxmd or .yxzp. This training today will not be using a particular dataset, so nothing is attached.

LalaLele66
7 - Meteor

Fantastic session! I learned several tips and short cuts! Alteryx was already saving me time with data prep. These tips will save even more time!

My favorites today:

• Aligning Vertically and Horizontally - I've spent way too much time moving an icon just right so it's vertical with the other icons. Ctrl+ Shift+ "+" and they are all aligned. Nice for us detail oriented folks!
  • When using the Select Tool, selecting or deselecting all the fields at once. I knew there had to be a trick, just couldn't figure it out! 

Thank you so much for this session!!!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@LalaLele66 I am so glad you found it useful! It's funny, sometimes we miss some "tricks" that others may figure out in a month, so we are sure to mention a lot! You won't go back after using the workflow alignment shortcuts!

mcummins
5 - Atom

Video unavailable. Can it be reposted?