Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to the Twin Cities User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

TCAUG Recap | July 2019

tessaenns
9 - Comet

On July 24, the Twin Cities Alteryx User Group gang rounded up in a cozy conference room provided by  D A T A   D R I V E  to discuss all things Alteryx (and a little Tableau) before heading over to a nearby saloon to wet our whistles! We had a honkin' tonkin' good time! ( 😉 Nashville, TN really rubbed off on me!)

What did we discuss at this Twin Cities Alteryx roundup? Well, glad you asked!

First, we heard from Luke Komiskey, founder of  D A T A   D R I V E, on how he helped a client locate business opportunities with Alteryx Geospatial tools. Thanks to Luke's efforts this client went from plotting pins on a physical map and doing guess work to clicking play on an Alteryx workflow and interacting with a Tableau visual! Some of the tools in his workflow included...

*Street Geocoder
*Spatial Object
*Reverse Geocoder Tool (requires separate install and uses lat & long to find closest addresses)
*Find Nearest
*Find Closest

DataDrive.jpg

Next, we heard from Aidan Bramel (@AidanBramel), one of our newest Alteryx User Group Leaders, about her experience at Nashville Inspire. Her highlight reel included favorite sessions, keynote events, and 2019.2 Alteryx updates, such as...

Designer

*Interactive search, filter, & sort in the data preview (results) bar

*Consolidated data source connection

*Updated maps

*Not 2019.2, but noteworthy input to output tool and vice versa conversations coming in the future

Server

*Balanced Workloads

Assisted Modeling

*creates models for you!

TCAUG.jpg

Woofta! We learned a lot! And last (but not least) we had special guest appearance from the one, the only, Mark Frisch ( @MarqueeCrew )! His gems of wisdom included a plug on how to use the Street Geocoder without purchasing TomTom data and a community plug on the Interactive Geospatial Training.

mark boots.jpg

Big thanks to our speakers for delivering such wonderful content, D A T A   D R I V E for hosting, and our Twin Cities community!

-Your Twin Cities Alteryx UG Leaders 

1 REPLY 1
AidanBramel
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the recap Tessa!!

We talked a bit about the extra training presentations at the first few days at Inspire, and you should be able to get all of the training content through the links below:

Workflows and data: click here

Presentations: click here

Let me know if you have any issues with these links and I'll try to find another way to get them to ya. 

Labels