User Group Survey - FOR PIZZA!
Our user group has been challenged by the User Groups Team at Alteryx. They are conducting a survey to evaluate how Alteryx and our user group are providing support and resources for you.
This survey runs until March 31st. Here is the link to the survey: https://www.research.net/r/XX2762Q
For your participation, our user group will be entered into a challenge against all the other Local Alteryx User Groups around the world! The User Groups Team will determine winners based on UG community membership & # of survey responses per UG and pick the highest. If we win, we’ll receive a sponsored pizza party for a meeting in 2020. Let's get it!
Please take some time to take the survey as it will help us make your meeting experience better in 2020.
All other community updates are included in the attached meeting slides.
Alteryx For Good
Best Friends Animal Society is a leading national animal welfare organization dedicated to ending the killing of dogs and cats in America's shelters. You can learn more about them and their mission here: BestFriends.org.
Canine distemper is endemic and vaccination and wellness services to the community are scarce (very few vets). Once distemper is introduced to an animal shelter, it is hard to contain.
Through a grant, one shelter has been able to test and collect data around distemper over the course of the last 9 months.
Our goal is to help this shelter optimize the location of vaccination clinics in areas of high canine distemper in the community so they can reduce the prevalence of infected dogs coming into the shelter.
Results from this analysis will help this shelter to submit a strong grant proposal to support these clinics. They will be able to communicate the size of the problem, where and when it is most prevalent, and who are the people that make up these communities in order to tailor there efforts most effectively.
The Key Questions
1) Where should they target vaccination clinics?
2) What are the demographics of the population they need to serve?
3) Are there any significant data factors that contribute to higher distemper?
During our meetup we:
- Identified where and when distemper is most prevalent within this community.
- Used weighted averages to determine the single best location for one clinic. We had a great discussion on how more information about available resources could change this plan. How much grant money do we have available? How much does it cost to set up a clinic? How long do we have the grant money available to us?
- Began summarizing the demographics of notable census tracts in their area (age, race, language, income, access to transportation, vet spend).
- Began reviewing correlations between variables within our data and distemper. We will have more data to review when we bring in the census data available within Alteryx's data packages.
We are finalizing our results and will be working with Best Friends to help them get the answers they need in the coming weeks. There is still more work to be done. If you would like to participate, please email me at Brad@goDataDrive.com.
Here is a link to the raw data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15fK9Nncb6Tfo-U2qS-K5G-N94ZLsTkwn/view?usp=sharing
A light data dictionary and background are included in the attached meeting slides.
Thank you to everyone that supported this cause! We are lucky to have such an awesome local community!
We hope to see you at our next meeting on March 24th in the West End. A more detailed agenda will be coming soon. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/Twin-Cities-Alteryx-User-Group/events/268958587/
Have a great week!
Twin Cities User Group Leaders