Santalytics 2020

Chat, collaborate and share your ideas on how to get Santa's Workshop back up and running!

Tips from Santa's Helpers

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@WillM & @Dot .

Being one of Santa's oldest elves, I've got a few Christmas's under my belt.  I wanted to help Santa and the elves in their app development.  I'm providing the gang with a pre-release of my new, CReW Generate Dummy Variables macro (available here).  With this macro, the process of creating Dummy Variables (or One-Hot-Encoding as described by @SydneyF in her blog, Encoding Variables Translating Your Data so the Computer Understands It.  will be an easier task. 

I also want to give a bit of encouragement to Santa's helpers, that Santa appreciates the effort.  Maybe you've just got a really good idea for an App or macro and you struggle with how to make it Santa-Ready?  You can post what you're trying to accomplish and let Santa's helpers give you guidance on what you might try to complete the task at-hand.

When Rudolph encountered the land of misfit toys, he found loving homes for all of the deserving toys.  2020 Santalytics is a call to community to work and act together.  My macro will help the data scientist and those pretending to be the same.  It also can be used as a training guide for building new macros.  If you subscribe or read my blog, I'll be posting a little history of this macro on the 10th of December, 2020.

Here are some tips!:

1. Define Scope:  What you'll get and how much time to invest.
  2. Test, Test, Test:  Keep testing.
  3. Keep It Simple:  If you can't explain the workflow, it isn't done.

Maybe my friends would like to add some more suggestions?

@SeanAdams @NicoleJohnson @estherb47 @rafalolbert @jarrod @ddiesel @BenMoss @CharlieS @Joe_Lipski @andyuttley @ggruccio @HeatherMHarris @LilianH @Nick612Haylund @JoshKushner 

Cheers & Happy Holidays,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
0 REPLIES 0