Milwaukee, WI

Welcome to the Milwaukee User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

MAUG Alteryx Inspire Dinner Outing

myastarling
10 - Fireball

Hi Everyone!

Now that Inspire 2023 is a little over a month out (yayy!!), I'm reaching out about a possible MAUG dinner outing.
I lived in Vegas so I know a lot of the amazing off-strip dinner spots (sushi, BBQ, Korean BBQ, Thai, Chinese [including Dim Sum]...)

First up, if you are interested in a dinner meet up, leave a comment with your top 2-3 food preferences and if you would need vegetarian/vegan/other options. We most likely won't achieve consensus but hopefully this will get us close.

Please respond by May 5th so I can take care of the logistics in advance.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

9 REPLIES 9
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

That sounds fun, @myastarling! Feel free to set the "meet up" spot at the Community booth at Alter.Nation. I would love to have the opportunity to meet our Milwaukee UG members. 😀

Flávia Brancato
mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for putting this out there, @myastarling!  I'd prefer sushi, BBQ, or Thai (in that order) but am totally open to whatever.

Which night were you thinking?

myastarling
10 - Fireball

If it is anything like previous Inspire conferences, there should be one night where dinner isn't provided and we are set free to fend for ourselves. I posted a question in Inspire Buzz to see if anyone has information about what that night might be.

myastarling
10 - Fireball

It looks like it will be that Wednesday night - the 24th. 

myastarling
10 - Fireball

Hi everyone!

Just a quick reminder to put in your request about preferred food for the outing by Friday.

mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

Hi @myastarling, did anyone else respond?  If not, would you and @FláviaB be open to having lunch instead?  I have a vendor/sponsor meetup that conflicts on Wednesday night anyway.

myastarling
10 - Fireball

No one else has responded :-(
Lunch works! I was thinking about a fantastic AYCE sushi place that is a little off of the strip (https://umiyalv.com/) if that would work.

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@mmichaelson and @myastarling, I would love to join you for lunch, but unfortunately, my schedule is pretty packed, and I won't be able to leave the booth for too long. Hope to see you at the Community booth! 

Flávia Brancato
mmichaelson
8 - Asteroid

@myastarling - I agree with @FláviaB, my schedule is also packed so I was thinking maybe meeting up for the provided lunch at the conference (boring, I know :) ).  We can do that if you want or swing by the Community booth to touch base.