Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Where next after the basics?

MarkJackson
8 - Asteroid

Hi fellow Altweryxists,

As a relatively new user of the platform I'm still getting my head round how to think in the right way to approach the challenges more easily.  Clearly having one of these would help.

Zaphod.JPG

However. Despite being older and rounder than the average technical wizard I do feel that its coming along nicely.  My question is this.  Where next? Spatial, ML, Dare I venture into the achelmy of Server?

Any tips?

5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Once you have the basics down, the natural progression (IMHO) would be apps and macros.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MarkJackson ,

Macros. I think that's the next step.

Then world domination.

M.

Bulien

Shifty
12 - Quasar

My advice would be RegEx.  Much like macros, RegEx is a game changer and the slicker challenge solutions almost always include some RegEx.

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

I agree with @mceleavey. It is amazing the number of things that a simple macro can solve. My best advice for learning them is obviously the online curriculum. One trick that helped me fully understand the Interface tools was taking existing macros and diving into how they work. The AB Testing tools are all macros that you can right click and open the underlying workflow. Seeing how everything is connected provides a ton of context to any online materials you will find.

- Phil  

terry10
11 - Bolide

Learn macros early; it will save you a lot of time later on.