Check out the Inspire breakout session catalog! From inspiring stories about business transformation to analytics best practices, our breakout sessions have something for everyone.  

Inspire | Buzz

Ask questions, connect with other conference attendees, and share your experience.

Inspire 2023 Mystery Craft-Along: "Stix & Alteryx"

dre_silva
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello everyone, 

You are all invited to participate in an upcoming activity at Inspire. More details below.

Not attending Inspire? You can join us virtually and still participate in the fun. 

You are invited to knit or crochet 5x5 granny squares based on your favorite Alteryx tool (or tools!) using the technique of your choice. The individual squares will be released as patterns in time for a virtual cast-on party on May 9th from 8:30am-9:30am EST, and finished squares can be brought in person to Inspire 2023 in Las Vegas, or mailed to 3355 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 [ATTN: Andreas Silva] to arrive in time for the conference. Squares will be assembled into a surprise final product at the conference . . . shhhh, we’re not telling what it is!

To join the Cast On Party follow the link in the replies!

YARN

Knit Picks Swish DK, <1 skein each MC/CC per square

MC: 24064 (White)

CC: See below by tool group

In/Out: 25578 (Marina)

Preparation: 24957 (Gulfstream)

Join: 24954 (Indigo Heather)

Parse: 24951 (Peapod)

Transform: 25579 (Allspice)

Action: 27225 (Black)

Reporting: 27224 (Clementine)

Spatial: 24307 (Forest Heather)

Machine Learning: 28639 (Arctic)

Text Mining: 28644 (Bluebird)

Developer: 24313  (Cobblestone Heather)

Data Investigation: 26062 (Wonderland Heather)

Join: 28634 (Pinecone Heather)

Time Series: 28638 (Rose Heather)

Address: 24949 (Marine Heather)

Demographic Analysis: 24063 (Hollyberry)

Calgary: 28635 (Karma Heather)

NEEDLE/HOOK SIZE

US 6 (4.0mm) / G (4.0mm) or similar to obtain gauge

GAUGE

22 st = 4” / 28 rows = 4”

8 REPLIES 8
dre_silva
Alteryx
Alteryx
aiahwieder
8 - Asteroid

Find the project on Ravelry here! We can't wait to see everyone's squares!

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
Summarize and Linear Regression.jpg
Spoiler

LauraHVogel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Note that this is listed on the Inspire map as Knitting Circle, in case there is any question as to the location! This will be on Floor 1, in the Casanova section of the Convention Center. FYI @dre_silva 

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball

20230509_090147.jpg

 The Summarize tool was one of the first I tried.  First I tried it on a size 6.  Had to go down to a size 4 to get the final size right.  We need 5x5 squares.

I settled on using color work.  I used floats which are visible on the back.

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball

20230509_090048.jpg

 The Linear Regression pattern felt like Fair Isle in places. 

And yes, my work flows have a lot of Linear Regression!  Very useful tool.

I used a dark brown. Almost black from my stash.  It was a tad thin.  As a result you can see the white being carried on the back side.

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball

20230509_085958.jpg

 My Arima tool looked great until I left it in water too long.  My orange bled.  I got distracted. So, don't soak them too long!

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball

20230509_085935.jpg

 Stash busting at its finest!

I use the Pearson Correlation all the time.  In my stash I had a fingering gray, and a fingering light blue.  Knitted them together.   It's a little lumpy.  The stitches don't lay as even as some of the others.  But I am happy!