Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2017 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!

Inspire 2017 Mobile Guide

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Inspire 2017 is right around the corner, and we’re pumped to see you next week in Las Vegas!

To ensure you stay connected, engaged and updated with the latest event information, we created this guide to help attendee’s make the most out of their mobile Inspire experience:

Download the Inspire Mobile App

mobileapp_homepage.pngView your custom agenda, explore sessions, connect with attendees, participate in surveys, and get notified about key activities as they happen!

• Download the Inspire 2017 Mobile App by clicking the thumbnails below!
  • Those already registered for the conference will receive an email with the event password to login.
  • Be sure to add support@crowdcompassmail.com to your Safe list to receive emails from the system.
  • If you have issues accessing the app, please contact AlteryxInspire@typeaevents.com for assistance.

Setup Your Profile

Once you're logged in to the app, we recommend that you update your mobile profile which will serve as your digital business card used to network with other attendees. To update your information:

1. From the event homescreen, tap the three lines at the top and then tap the gear icon at the top on iOS or the top-most down arrow on Android.
  2. Tap Edit Profile Settings.
  3. From here, you can include a photo of yourself, edit your profile information, add contact information, and set your profile privacy.

Already see information filled in? That's probably what the planner had on file. Feel free to update it if something changed.

Get Social - Connect your Social Accounts

The app allows you to be social with other attendees via the Activity Feed, AND to push out your updates to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn if you wish, in just one tap.  While you are editing your profile, don’t forget to take the time to setup your social media accounts. There are several benefits:

• Your social accounts will display on your profile for easy access by other attendees.
  • Connecting your LinkedIn account will automatically pull in your profile picture & information.
  • You’ll gain the ability to post out to your social networks directly from the app so you can share your excitement and thoughts with other attendees, and the rest of the world.
  • Using #alteryx17 for your posts will make them appear on the Social Walls within the app and monitors across the conference!

View Your Conference Schedule

• Tap the Schedule icon to see the full event schedule with session times, descriptions, speakers, and where they're happening.
  • Tap the plus sign next to the session name to add it to your schedule to create a personalized agenda. Tap My Schedule from any view within the schedule to access your agenda for that day or see what you're up to tomorrow.

Important: Adding/changing a session in your mobile app schedule does not guarantee you a spot unless you pre-registered in Agenda Builder before June 1. The session may appear on your agenda, but you will still need to wait in the crash line until pre-registered attendees have entered first. All available seats open to the crash line 5 minutes before sessions begin.

Want to add your event schedule to your device's calendar?

1. Tap the download icon at the top right of the screen. A confirmation screen will appear.
  2. Tap Export.

Check Your Notifications

We’ll frequently use notifications to help you stay up-to-date with the latest event news and announcements like schedule changes and reminders.

1. Tap the hamburger icon at the top left of the screen to pull out the side nav.
  2. Tap Activity Feed.
  3. Tap Notifications.

Taking Session Surveys

Your feedback is important to us as it drives improvements to the conference each year. Whenever you attend a session, please take the time to take the relevant survey:

1. Tap Schedule.
  2. Locate your chosen session and tap its name.
  3. On the session's page, scroll down to the "Surveys" header and tap the name of the poll.
  4. Once you've answered, tap Finish.

You don't have to finish right away--come back at any time to change your answers. We'll save your progress until you get back.

Sending 1:1 Messages

You can reach out directly to other attendees via the app. It’s a great way to introduce yourself, and stay in touch with others during the conference:

1. Tap on the Attendees icon.
  2. Find the person you would like to message and tap on their name.
  3. In their profile, tap the message icon.
  4. Write your message, then tap Send.

Checking Your Messages:

1. To check if you have any messages, look for My Messages in the side nav.
  2. If you have a message, there will be a red circle with the number in it.
  3. Tap My Messages to see who's contacted you.

Scheduling appointments

In-app appointments allow you to schedule time with other attendees or sponsors to meet over coffee to talk about your product or schedule a quick follow-up on that workshop you just attended. To do this:

1. From the side nav, tap My Schedule.
  2. Tap the plus sign at the top of the page.
  3. Create an activity by adding a title, location, time.
  4. Tap Invitees to find attendees to add to your appointment.
  5. Tap Done.
  6. Go back to the Create Activity screen.
  7. Tap Done again.

When you come back to the appointment and tap on Invitees again, you'll be able to see who has accepted, who has declined, and who hasn't responded yet. If they're taking too long to respond, send them a 1:1 message to make sure they see the appointment.

Inspire17_digitallyconnected.png

We hope you find this app useful! Don’t hesitate to leave questions below, and our team will be happy to help. We’ll continue to flesh out the guide as your questions come in.

Should you require any assistance onsite, stop by the Community Hub within the Solution Center, and we’ll be happy to assist you.

See you soon in Las Vegas!

21 REPLIES 21
LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jcltax -- If you've pre-registered for sessions, those should have migrated over to your schedule in the app.  We've noticed that there can be a slight delay for the registration information to sync over into the Mobile App, post login. Please let us know if you are still unable to view sessions added through the Agenda Builder. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you're experiencing. We will make sure to investigate and provide an update to this thread as soon as possible.

Hi!  I keep getting all the emails for this topic.  How do I turn them off.

Thank you.

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@debbie_azabdaftari -- In the options menu, click on Unsubscribe, and you'll be good to go :-)

Unsubscribe.png

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Update

Thank you for keeping us in the loop on Mobile App issues! Your feedback helped us uncover an issue with Training Session availability on personalized schedules, which we were able to fix. All Training sessions should now show up in the app and on personalized schedules. If this is not the case, please let us know asap!

Chrispy
7 - Meteor

So, I downloaded the app (Android version), but never received an email from the company maintaining it with my password. When I try to have them resend the password from inside the app, it says my email address was not found. I'm registered for Inspire already, and the app worked for a coworker of mine that is attending with me. Is there something I'm missing?

Rob_schneider
7 - Meteor

How can I find my password, I'm not getting an email from support@crowdcompassmail.com ?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Chrispy & @Rob_schneider -- Thanks for letting us know. I've escalated internally, and we will follow-up with you directly to assist. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Chrispy
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the fast response Leah!

jguo
5 - Atom

Hi, I also have the trouble with the password. I have search my inbox a dozen time and I didnt receive any event password email. Can you help me with this?

thanks

Junbiao Guo

awelz
5 - Atom

I have not received an email from the support company with a password either, and I am registered for the conference and my sessions.  I've printed a copy of my schedule, but it would be perfect if the app worked on my iPhone as well.  Can you assist?