General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Maveryx Chatter: Passion Projects

MeganBowers
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hello fellow Maveryx! This week for Maveryx Chatter we're talking passion projects! Or really, any "project" you've done with Alteryx outside of work. We know users who have built workflows for their wedding seating charts, for determining which neighborhood to live in, for understanding climate change, and more. So, we'd love to hear from you:

How have you used Alteryx for a personal project?

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MeganBowers My big two are my personal taxes and credit card statements. Pre-Alteryx, I would double check my taxes using excel. I switched it to alteryx and it's been running great for many years! And I used the intelligence suite to read my pdf credit card statements and parse the data. I run it every month when I get a new statement, and it's been working well. 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@MeganBowers I travel a lot for work, so I use Alteryx to analyze some of my loyalty program information as the airlines/hotel chains don't give great metrics around how I'm earning points. I use it to look at things like am I on track to retain my status, how am I earning points year to year, etc. 

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I use Alteryx to help others whenever I can. That’s my passion project! 

I remember using Alteryx to help my dad with his PDFs for some tax refunds. That was pretty cool.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels