General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Formula

imivan
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys, instead of the data inside a header [Period Activity - LC JAN-2023 TO MAR-2023], what I want is actually the right 4 characters of the header [Period Activity - LC JAN-2023 TO MAR-2023] which in this case is 2023, however, it is ever changing, it can be 2024, 2025 or any other year, so is it possible to do something like a wild card, like it will read the header and when it found Period Activity - LC..., it will extract the last 4 characters of the header, which will be the year?

3 REPLIES 3
jdminton
12 - Quasar

This will get you what you need. You might need to make a few small changes with your dataset. I started with an existing dataset and modified one of the field headers.

Snag_269b80b2.png

imivan
8 - Asteroid

Tbh, it is confusing for me but I understand it after researching and also trying it out few times with different set of data, thank you so much

jdminton
12 - Quasar

I agree, that it can definitely be confusing. You might be able to address this also using a filename on the input tool if that also contains the Year info. Depending on who controls the data, you may also be able to get the same data in a format that is easier to work with. I'm glad this works for you though!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels