Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
ned_blog
8 - Asteroid

1st – I want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who contributed. Seeing the disabled athletes persevere, Clarissa in particular, it was truly a worthwhile cause. Thank you so much, you made this possible for all of us.

The team consisted of myself, Catherine Shenk (from Marketing), Nino Pozgaj (inside sales), Nino's daughter Clarissa who is in a wheelchair and has limited use of her body. Jeff from World TEAM Sports connected us with Matt Nyman, a "disabled" ex Army Ranger missing one leg below the knee and limited function in the other. I put disabled in quotes because he climbed Denali a few weeks ago. He is one tough hombre.

Long story short, we did awesome. Not only did we finish, we finished 3rd out of 7 teams! We functioned as a team incredibly well. I can't begin to pick out a strongest member of the team, because everyone was so strong. Nino and a friend constructed a bike trailer/chariot for Clarissa that mostly worked awesomely, although it was very heavy. None of us knew the difficulty of terrain we would be travelling through. Incredibly tough trails that were much narrower than our wheelbase. It was a ton of work, but totally worth it. The race consisted of rafting (up to class IV), biking, hiking, a zip line, navigating, route finding, etc. It was a huge challenge.

One of the best aspects of the race was our support crew. Nathalie, Maureen, Chad, Peter & Wayne all came out with us and we couldn't have done it without them. From making dinner, to fixing the chariot, to meeting us in totally unexpected places with cowbells, they kept us going. We could not have done it without them. A huge THANK YOU to them.

In many ways, this event has changed how I think about Alteryx (the company.) Being able to be there for Clarissa & Matt and support them, us and the entire World TEAM Sports community makes me feel like we are really doing something worth while. It was only 5 of us in the race, but we really did feel the whole company behind us. Thank you.