Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Question: Any ideas how to create 2 outputs for Platform SDK?

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey all,

Looking at the CLI documentation (https://help.alteryx.com/current/developer-help/ayx-plugin-cli-overview) it says that ayx_workspace.json controls much of the config and is baked into the Config.xml file

Is this the correct place to change, if I wanted to add a second output node (like we used to do in the <toolname>config.xml file in the engine SDK)?

Reason for asking is that I've created two output nodes as per the below, but for some reason my tool still has only 1 node without any node labels.

"output_anchors": {
     "Output": {
         "label": "S",
         "allow_multiple": true,
         "optional": false
     },
    "ErrorOutput": {
        "label": "E",
        "allow_multiple": true,
        "optional": true
}

2 REPLIES 2
CassC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sean,

If you don't have too much work put into this one yet, I'd recommend starting with a new tool on the CLI.

if you run ayx_plugin_cli create-ayx-plugin the second option you'll fill out is the tool type. One of these is "multiple-outputs" and it should hopefully provide a working example of this file structure.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

🙂 Thank you @CassC  - gonna try this over the weekend.    I'm OK to blow away the work I've done so-far and start again, all good learning.